Jury Guidelines for Specialty Foods & Beverages
To be considered for possible inclusion into Tamarack’s Gourmet Food Department the following must first be adhered to:
- Producers should contact: West Virginia Department of Agriculture at 1.304.558.2210 for information on submitting their product labels for approval.
- Specialty Food and Beverage Producers, whether it is a single person and/or a company, must be current residents of the state of West Virginia.
- Product must meet the West Virginia Department of Agriculture’s criteria… i.e., product jury form and label inspection.
- Products must be a made, processed or produced in West Virginia or must be a 50% value-added producer that is headquartered in the state and contributes to the West Virginia economy through its employment, manufacturing, packaging, purchasing, marketing and the conducting business within the state. Be prepared to show compliance.
- All products must be of the highest quality, safely and attractively and appropriately packaged. It must be processed in an approved FDA facility.
- Product liability insurance is required – $1 Million General Liability (Wine excluded).
All food and beverage products must be identified w/ the required United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) production code and have a “best use by” date on all products.
Once you receive clearance from the WV Department of Agriculture, please contact Mandy Lash at 304-256-6843, ext. 151 or email@example.com, to discuss the possible purchase of your product by Tamarack.
Limited floor space at Tamarack dictates that purchasing trends and past buying patterns play a very important role in our buying decisions. If selected for sale of Tamarack, a small quantity purchase may be necessary to test demand for the product.
Submitting Artwork to Tamarack
Tamarack is the best of West Virginia, along with that comes many different avenues of expression. If you would like to submit a piece of artwork follow the guidelines below.