Specialty Food Producers Criteria
To be eligible for inclusion in to Tamarack’s Gourmet Food Department the following must first be adhered to:
- Producers should contact: Connie Tolley, Marketing Specialist-Foods at the West Virginia Department of Agriculture at 1.304.558.2210.
- Specialty Food Producers whether it is a single person and/or a company, must be current residents of the state of West Virginia.
- Product must meet the West Virginia Department of Agriculture’s criteria… i.e., product jury form and label inspection.
- Products must be processed or produced in West Virginia. If processed out of state – the main ingredient must be 100% grown or produced in West Virginia.
- All products must be of the highest quality, safely and attractively and appropriately packaged. It must be processed in an approved FDA facility.
- Product liability insurance is required – $1 Million General Liability.
All food products must be identified w/ the required United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) production code and have a “best use by” date on all products.